Library Information and Services
The Vermilion Parish Library serves to enhance the quality of life of patrons of all ages, education, philosophy, occupation, economic level, ethnic origin and human condition with materials, information and services through a network of branches and a bookmobile. The library is committed to provide everyone with resources and programs to fulfill their informational, educational, recreational, cultural and technological needs.
- To provide patrons of the Vermilion Parish Library with free access to books, audios, computers and other resources and services for their education, information and recreation.
- To promote the library and its services.
- To provide free and equal access of its resources to all patrons of the library.
- To promote enlightened citizenship.
- To encourage continuing self-education.
- To support the Library Bill of Rights.
- To provide free public access to technology and the Internet.
Vermilion Library Foundation
The Vermilion Library Foundation is a grassroots organization of local supporters of the library. To read a statement from the Director of the Library regarding our foundation, or to contribute, please click here.
Library Cards | Circulation | Fees and Overdue Items | Interlibrary Loan
Card Catalog Search | Renew Materials Online | New York Times Best Sellers List
eBooks and Audiobooks (Overdrive) | eMagazines (Zinio)
Computer Use and Laptop Checkouts
Children and Teens
Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms
Library staff may proctor exams for residents of Vermilion Parish if staff and facility space are available. All test taking requirements, including technical requirements, must be received from the issuing educational institution before any tests are taken.
Ancestry.com | HeritageQuest Online | RootsWeb
Spanish Language Resources
The Vermilion Parish Library website can be displayed in Spanish, French or even Vietnamese by scrolling to the bottom of any page and selecting “Spanish” from the Google Translate dropdown menu.