LEGAL AND LEGISLATIVE
- Louisiana Constitution of 1974 – Louisiana Constitution in PDF format. Search by article number. Not searchable by keyword.
- Revised Statutes of 1950 – Search Louisiana Revised Statutes, Constitution, and Codes by citation or keyword.
- Legislative Bills – Search for legislative bills by session date, bill number, or author.
- Louisiana Register – Search agency rules and regulations by keyword or section. Includes Executive orders issued by Office of the Governor.
- Louisiana Administrative Code – LA Administrative codes are a state certified publication that provides a set of rules which have been formally adopted or amended by Louisiana State agencies.
- Municipal Codes for Cities – Online ordinances for various Louisiana cities and towns.
- Legal Notices – Compilation of public notices published anywhere in the state of Louisiana. Includes statewide notices about hearings, advertisements for bids, financial reports, adoption of ordinances, and other government activities legally requiring public notice.
- Louisiana Lawyers, Laws and Resources – Your search for a lawyer in Louisiana can begin right here by accessing one of the frequently requested areas, or, use the free directory for more options such as name searches and to locate lawyers in another state.
- U.S. Senators – Members of U. S. Senate searchable by state. Links provide biographical as well as contact information.
- U.S. Representatives – Search by name, state delegation, or zip code to locate your representative.
- Search for Louisiana Legislators – Search for Senators or Representatives by address, city or zip code. Includes listing of legislators from 1880 to present.
- Election Results – Official election returns back to 1987. Ballot information for candidate names, amendments, propositions, etc.
- Elected Officials – Statewide, parish or local officials, both current and historical.
- Boards and Commissions – Search for state boards or commissions by full or partial name.
- Lemon Law – Lemon law information from the Louisiana Office of the Attorney General.
- Orientation Guide for Louisiana House Members – Guide for new legislators issued every four years. Explains background of legislature, legislative duties and functions, Code of Ethics, etc. Good background information.
- Know the Law. Louisiana Laws for Youth – Online edition of Know the Law. Louisiana Laws for Youth by Louisiana Office of Attorney General and West Feliciana Sheriff’s Office, it explains the laws and legal situations that directly affect teenagers. Print versions are also available.
- Lawhelp.org/La – Basic information about civil and legal rights, courts systems, health, education, and family matters. A joint project of a coalition of Louisiana legal services programs.
- PAR (Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana) – PAR is an independent voice, offering solutions to critical public issues in LA through accurate, objective research and focusing public attention on those solutions.
- Louisiana State Laws – Laws for the State of Louisiana.
- Louisiana Register of Historic Places – 1161 sites in Louisiana listed on National Register of Historic Sites; includes information, photographs, and maps. Searchable by name, parish, city, type of structure.
- Locate Parish by City Name – Census Bureau “lookup” to locate parish by city or zip code.
- City/Parish – Reverse search for parish with all cities or by city to identify parish. Includes demographic information on both, as well as parish officials. Available from the National Association of Counties (NACO).
- National register of Historic Places – The National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation’s historic places worthy of preservation. Authorized by the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, the National Park Service’s National Register of Historic Places is part of a national program to coordinate and support public and private efforts to identify, evaluate and protect America’s historic and archeological resources.
- State Art Collection – 125 works of contemporary art by Louisiana artists and drawings, paintings, sculpture, etchings, lithographs, photography, ceramics, and stained glass.
- Photographs of Louisiana – 1480+ photographs of Louisiana in JPEG form. Searchable by keyword, city, season, topic, or for multicultural topics.
- LSU Digital Library – 3400 photographs from the LSU Digital Library include images of Louisiana cities, people, landscapes, and waterways dating from mid-1800 to early 1900.
- Historical Maps of Louisiana – Printable Louisiana Maps.
- Native Americans-Map – Louisiana Native American Locales Map, folk regions of the state, and listing Indian tribal areas.
- Outline Map of Louisiana – Basic outline map of state showing parish outlines. No names indicated.
- Parish Outline Map – Basic outline map of parishes. Includes parish names, but no city names. Gateway to other types of basic maps.
- Maps and More Maps – Includes demographic and historic map images.
- Swapping Stories – Folklore in Louisiana. Excellent resource for teachers from Division of the Arts. Includes bibliography and other teaching resources.
- Louisiana Archaeology – e-books on archaeology: Tunica Trace, Belle Helene Plantation, Poverty Point, Caddo Indians, etc. Teacher and student resources from Louisiana Division of Archaeology.
- Louisiana Genealogy Books – Resources for Louisiana genealogy research.
- Louisiana Jeopardy Game – Louisiana Jeopardy Game provides questions and answers. Available from Livingston Parish School Board.
- Student Homework Page – Basic historical and cultural information about Louisiana. Provides many links to governors, state history timeline, state symbols, Civil War, etc.
- Encyclopedia of Cajun Culture – Information for preserving and promoting Cajun culture. Includes index. Good articles and links for further information.
- Encyclopedia Louisiana – Encyclopedia Louisiana provides wide variety of information and links to other sites. Good general Louisiana site.
- Know the Law. Louisiana Laws for Youth – Online edition of Know the Law. Louisiana Laws for Youth by Louisiana Office of Attorney General and West Feliciana Sheriff’s Office, it explains the laws and legal situations that directly affect teenagers. Print version is also available.
- School Locator – Locate schools by parish or city. Provides school characteristics and enrollment data.
- Student Financial Assistance – TOPS and START information plus grants and scholarships for students.
- FAFSA on the Web – Official FAFSA site hosted by U.S. Department of Education.
- Colleges and Universities – Provides link to Louisiana colleges and university systems.
- Louisiana Zip Codes -Zip codes listing for the state of Louisiana.
- Bayou State Periodical Index – Online version of BSPI index to articles in Louisiana journals (1995-2002), keyword searchable.
- Newspaper Project Printout – Search for current and historic Louisiana newspapers by city or parish. Online version of LSU Newspaper Project Printout.
- Louisiana Newspapers Online – List of Louisiana newspapers online, provided by Louisiana Press Association.
- Newspapers in Louisiana – Alphabetical index to Louisiana newspaper names and cities.
- Governors of Louisiana – List of all Louisiana governors with short biographical sketches, photographs and sound bites.
- Jimmie Davis – Biography of Jimmie Davis, former governor, famous for “You Are My Sunshine”. You can listen to the song.
- Famous Louisiana Persons – List (only) of well-known Louisiana personalities.
- More Famous Louisianians – More famous Louisiana persons, both living and dead.
- Famous Louisiana Women – Famous Louisiana women with short biographies, no photographs.
- Social Security Death Index – Searchable by surname to locate place and date of death.
BUSINESS AND EMPLOYMENT
- Corporations Database – From Secretary of State. Database of Louisiana corporations searchable by corporate or personal name. Provides full contact information as well as date of incorporation.
- New Businesses – The First Stop Shop gives current and potential business owners a single place to go for licensing information needed to start a business in Louisiana.
- Business Resource Guide – Business Resource Guide from Louisiana Department of Economic Development. Available online only. Describes process for starting a new business in Louisiana, includes permits and licensing, taxes, contacts, etc. Can be downloaded for printing. Excellent source of information.
- Jobs with the State – Jobs available with State Police, Wildlife and Fisheries, Natural Resources, Corrections Services, Transportation & Development, Civil Service, Environmental Quality, and library jobs.
- Civil Service Test Questions – These sample questions provide an idea of what Louisiana Civil Service tests are like. Includes questions for PET test.
- Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations (LANO) – Search for over 400 Louisiana nonprofit organizations by name, area or keyword. Full contact information.
- Louisiana.gov – Official state government Web site.
- Birth Certificates – The Louisiana Vital Records Registry holds Louisiana birth certificates less than 101 years old and Louisiana Death Certificates less than 51 years old. Includes application forms and local satellite offices. For Louisiana births over 100 years ago or deaths over 50 years ago, submit order to the Office of the Secretary of State.
- Tax Forms – Most commonly requested tax forms available in electronic format, includes the current year forms as well as for the previous five years.
- Unclaimed Property – Database searchable by name for property that has been “lost” or unclaimed in Louisiana and other states.
- Food Stamps – Use to answer Food Stamp questions, including eligibility.
- Soup Kitchens/Homeless Shelters – Contact information for shelters and soup kitchens by city.
- Lottery Winning Numbers – Winning numbers for last seven Louisiana lottery games.
- 2000 Census Data – 15 largest places and parishes, population by city, social and economic characteristics.
- Nursing Home Comparisons – Compare detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country. Searchable by state, parish or city.